Parent, Teacher, Administration Committee
PTAC is the school-wide parent-teacher organization, providing resources and support for the school. Its mission is to develop a positive and welcoming environment for all parents, and to work closely with the school in meeting its current needs. PTAC also nominates parents to serve on the School’s Board.
All parents are automatically members of PTAC. The leadership of PTAC, which includes the clerk of PTAC, head of school, advancement director, one faculty representative, and each class parent, holds monthly meetings during the school year to discuss volunteer needs, special events and activities, and any issues that may arise.
The parent organization has as its goals to:
- Promote quality education and a true partnership between home and school
- Encourage community involvement through the various volunteer opportunities at BFS
- Expand extracurricular activities for our children
- Support the faculty and administration
PTAC also takes a leadership role in organizing parent education programs and fund raisers, including but not limited to:
- Parent Education Nights
- Pizza and Soup Fundraisers
- The School Store
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Faculty Appreciation Luncheons